Wednesday, June 30, 2010

It was a foodie kind of week

So last week, I ran part one of Mark's 8th Annual Teen Photo Workshop. I think I may have had more fun than some of the kids.

Day one was spectacularly up my ally - we toured local restaurants in Central Square to photograph and talk to their owners and chefs. This first one is my favorite photo of the whole week.

Steve Johnson, owner and chef of Rendevous on Mass Ave. He was amazingly sweet, and very funny.

Teen Photo Workshops, June


Tony Maws, founder and chef of Craigie on Main. I noticed he had a rubber duck sitting in the kitchen, and of course, with my penchant for duckies, I could not pass up the opportunity for this photo:

Teen Photo Workshops, June


We also very serendipitously ran into Gus Rancatore, founder of Toscanini's ice cream (which, I have to say, has the most amazing spicy mango sorbet I have ever had in my entire life).

Teen Photo Workshops, June


The next day, to continue with our food trend, we had the privilege of touring the Equal Exchange factory in West Bridgewater, MA.

"Equal Exchange has created Big Change since 1986. Our founders envisioned a food system that empowers farmers and consumers, supports small farmer co-ops, and uses sustainable farming methods. They started with fairly traded coffee from Nicaragua and didn't look back."

Our wonderful tour guide of the day, Brian:

Brian, of Equal Exchange


I also loved all the crazy machinery everywhere, use to grind coffee, sort coffee, test for quality, etc.

20100622TPWDay2-115


20100622TPWDay2-121


This is a view of the sheer size of the place. Imagine how caffeinated you would be working here:

20100622TPWDay2-051


And lastly, some of my girls with the new line of Equal Exchange mini-chocolates:

20100622TPWDay2-217


20100622TPWDay2-221


I think they make good product models, don't you?

I think that will conclude this particular post. Things to look forward to: portraits of my wonderful interns, kids, and various accosted subjects; outtakes from the workshop; and, of course, a sampling from the beautiful mock wedding and engagement shoot we did.

Til then!

No comments: