Thursday, May 6, 2010

Boston Marine Week

So after shooting with Mark on Tuesday, I spent the rest of the day wandering around the Downtown Boston area, just looking for people to photograph. Turns out that May 3-6 is Marine Week in Boston, with a concentrated focus in Faneiul Hall. They had dozens of marines in dress uniform and not, a a half dozen guns and trucks that I can't even begin to name.

Boston, May 2010


Boston, May 2010


Also, how entertaining is it to see tiny kids on gigantic armored trucks?


Boston, May 2010


Boston, May 2010


And of course, the marines themselves.

Boston, May 2010


Boston, May 2010


Boston, May 2010


And this is Sergeant Timothy Hubert, who was kind enough not only to pose for a portrait for me, but also very patiently attempted to explain the huge gun to me which, of course, I attempted to process but did not retain. He was very sweet.

Boston, May 2010


Boston, May 2010


Boston, May 2010


God bless in all your travels, Sergeant.

2 comments:

dilla said...

this is your style here. taking in the scene and atmosphere then going in for a closer look with the characters you meet.

tjhubert said...

Great shots! I'll be adding these to my collection from the week. I've never been taking care of as well as we were in Boston. Thank you. Timothy Hubert Sergeant/USMC